pcommands customized command set for accessing petashare resources
The pcommands are customized unix-like command set for interacting with PetaShare resources.
Currently supported platforms are Linux, Solaris, Macintosh, and AIX.
Installation of pcommands package is straightforward. To install pcommands follow the steps:
After a minute or two, pcommands installation should be finished successfully.
- Extract the content of pcommands-[version].tar.gz by running:
$ tar xvfz pcommands-[version].tar.gz
- Go into the extracted 'pcommands-[version]' directory:
$ cd 'pcommands-[version]'
- Run 'setup' script:
pcommands package comes with a default 'testuser' account. This account has many restrictions and can be used by all petafs users. One can use this account until obtains a private account.
When a private account has been obtained, 'pchangeuser' command must be used to activate the account in that machine, and(or) to switch between existing account(s) and 'testuser' account. Before using this command, be sure that valid username and password had been obtained from PetaShare authorities.
Following sites are online right now:
- pinit Ask, check and store your password to use other pcommands.
- pexit Logout properly.
- pchangeuser Change current petashare user.
- pgetrescmap Get the most-updated petashare-resource-list.
- pls List the petashare-directory.
- ppwd Print current working petashare-directory.
- pcd Change the current working petashare-directory.
- pmkdir Create a directory on petashare resource in where you have a write permission.
- prm Remove a file from petashare resource.
- pput Store a file to petashare resource.
- pget Get a file from petashare resource.
- pchmod Modify the permissions of file or directory.
- pcp Copy a file in petashare resource.
- pmv Move files on petashare resource.
- prepl Replicate files or directories in petashare resources.
- pchksum Checksum files on petashare resources.
- pphymv Physically move files in a particular petashare resource to the another petashare resource.
- preg Register a file or directory into the petashare.
- prmtrash Remove file from petashare-trash-bin.
- prsync Synchronize the data between a local copy and copy stored in petashare resource(or between two petashare resources).
- ptrim Trim down the number of replicas of a file in petashare resources.
- pexecmd Execute a command on petashare server.
- pmeta Add, remove, list user-defined Attribute-Value-Unit triplets metadata.
- penv Show current petashare environment.
- plsresc List petashare resources.
- puserinfo List petashare users.
- pmiscsvrinfo Show basic server information.
- padmin Administation commands.
- prule Submit a user-defined rule to be executed by a server.
- pqstat Show pending rule executions.
- pqdel Remove delayed rules from the queue.
- pqmod Modify delayed rules in the queue.
- pmcollManage (mount, unmount, synchronize and purge of cache) mounted collections and the associated cache.
- perrorConverts errors code to the text.
pcommands are based on iRODS i-commands. The original Notes and Credits are located in pcommands-[version]/iRODS directory. Please refer to the iRODS and i-commands webpages for further information.
- lsu(Louisiana State University)
- uno(University of New Orleans)
- ull(University of Louisiana at Lafayette)
- lsus(Louisiana State University-Shreveport)
- lsuhsc(Louisiana State University-Health Sciences Center)
- tulane(Tulane University)