CCT in the News:
EA game-testing center to relocate to main campus
Source: LSU Reveille
- If you are planning on having any Major Events in the Fall 2012 or Spring 2013 (conferences, meetings, workshops, etc.), please contact Karen Jones (firstname.lastname@example.org) so that it can get on the CCT Events Calendar.
- Jesse Allison will be giving a performance called “Experimental Music Recital” on Saturday, October 6th at 7:30 PM at the School of Music Recital Hall. For more information and to buy tickets, visit http://music.lsu.edu/
- Registration for the ACM ICPC South Central USA Regional Programming Contest is open! The contest will be held at LSU October 19-20. Early bird rate of $125 per team ends September 30th. For more information, visit http://acm2012.cct.lsu.edu/
- As a reminder, submit your AS292 (Authorization to Travel Form) at your earliest for SC12. You don't want to get caught in a budget-freeze and not be able to go!
- Please send Karen Jones (email@example.com) text content for posters. Please also send her your equipment needs for the booth.
- If you or your group are participating in the SC Conference by presenting a tutorial, as a committee member, lecturer, etc., please send that information to Karen.
- Please visit the new and updated Office of Research and Economic Development (ORED) web site (www.research.lsu.edu). Essential information is now part of the web site including research news, updates and calls for proposals and grants. The RFP information from different federal agencies are updated weekly.
- Prior approval is required for Special Meal Requests. Employees who make meal purchases without prior approvals may find that they must cover the cost of any monies spent for an unapproved event out of pocket. Dine-in restaurant meals are not allowed on LaCarte credit cards. Please contact Susie McGlone (firstname.lastname@example.org) prior to any special meal with visitor(s) to file the appropriate request for approval. Prior approval could take up to two weeks, so please plan accordingly.
- Please remember to send your news concerning grants, awards, conferences, or other pertinent information to CCT Event Coordinator Jennifer Fontenot at email@example.com
- Follow CCT with social media to access photos and see news, events or updated information. These pages are public; you do not need an account to view the information.
- MAG (Mobile App-Art-Action Group): Everyone interested in the potential for Mobile Apps is invited to come and add their vision for these revolutionary devices. Meetings are scheduled in 338 Johnston from 4:30- 6:00 PM:
October 4th: Dr. Robert Kooima - Using OpenGL ES on iOS
- One of our most requested topics. Dr. Kooima, a researcher in visualization technologies of all sorts, brings his expertise to MAG to demonstrate usage of OpenGL ES on iOS devices.
October 11th: Pd on iOS (or Android)
- Developers, interface and graphic designers, composers, performers, and musicians are all invited to learn how to make a mobile device into an instrument. The following day will be our second App-a-thon where teams will create an instrument in an afternoon. Musicians, composers and performers will then take these instruments and speed-compose music for a concert just before Fall break. If you like music and mobile devices, you should be here.
- November 1st
- October 12th: Mobile Music App-a-thon! 338 Johnston Hall, Noon - 9:00 PM
- October 17th: Mobile Music Concert: 3:30 PM at Highland Coffee
Weekly MAG Lab Time- Fridays, 9:00 AM-Noon: MAG collaborative work time- 16 Johnston Hall
- Come, design, plot, scheme, dream, work on your mobile projects with people around to provide help, feedback, and encouragement.
- For more information visit: http://www.cct.lsu.edu/MAG
- Contact: Jesse Allison (firstname.lastname@example.org)
GPU: meets weekly (Thursdays @ 12:30 pm in 338 Johnston) and encourages participation from anyone who would like to join in the discussions. Join the mailing list: email@example.com
- Contact: Zhifeng Yun (firstname.lastname@example.org)
September 19: HPC Training: Intro to Linux
September 20: Women in Technology Careers Forum
September 22: Sally Ride Science Festival
September 25: Crazy Interdisciplinary Ideas Seminar Series- Karsten E. Thompson, 11:00 AM in 338 Johnston ( RSVP to email@example.com to reserve your pizza lunch)
September 26: HPC Training: Bash Shell Scripting
October 11- 12: Mobile Music Workshop & App-a-thon
October 16- 17: OpenACC GPU Programming Workshop
October 19-20: ACM ICPC South Central USA Regional Programming Contest