Pats on the Back:
Susanne Brenner has been selected to be a Distinguished Visiting Professor at the Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay. This designation will facilitate several short-term visits to IIT Bombay over the next two years.
Lectures this Week:
There will be a lecture on “Cyberinfrastructure Activities at NSF” by Daniel S. Katz, National Science Foundation. This lecture will take place on Tuesday, October 30th at 10:30 AM in 338 Johnston Hall. Hosted by LONI with CCT as co-host.
- FY 2012-2013 Holiday Schedule:
- November 22- November 23: Thanksgiving
- December 24 thru January 1: Christmas & New Year’s
- Don’t forget to turn in your leave slips to Andy Cox if you are planning on taking extra vacation days.
- Prior approval is required for Special Meal Requests. Employees who make meal purchases without prior approvals may find that they must cover the cost of any monies spent for an unapproved event out of pocket. Dine-in restaurant meals are not allowed on LaCarte credit cards. Please contact Susie McGlone (firstname.lastname@example.org) prior to any special meal with visitor(s) to file the appropriate request for approval. Prior approval could take up to two weeks, so please plan accordingly.
- Please remember to send your news concerning grants, awards, conferences, or other pertinent information to CCT Event Coordinator Jennifer Fontenot at email@example.com
- Follow CCT with social media to access photos and see news, events or updated information. These pages are public; you do not need an account to view the information.
- MAG (Mobile App-Art-Action Group): Everyone interested in the potential for Mobile Apps is invited to come and add their vision for these revolutionary devices.
November 1st MAG Meet: Brainstorming Mike the Tiger App with LSU Press, Johnston Hall 338, 4:30-6:00 PM
- Mike the Tiger is a sophisticated beast and as such, he needs an App that supports his awesomeness. Therefore, the November edition of the monthly meeting of the Mobile[ App | Art | Action ] Group will be devoted to providing Mike with just the kind of App that a tiger of his stature deserves. Specifically, we are teaming up with Erin Rolfs at the LSU press and Jennifer Macha in Mass Comm to help develop an App that coincides with the latest edition of the history of Mike the Tiger.
- How should we interact with Mike? What content would be fun on the app? Should it tie in to tweets, streaming video, social media? Would GPS provide new ways of getting to know our tiger? Can you play with a tiger through an app?
- This meeting will be a frenetic brainstorming, ideation, and planning session on how to leverage the mobile platform to build connection with our tiger. If you are interested in being part of the app that puts our tiger on the mobile map, bring your ideas, open minds, and let the creative juices flow.
Weekly MAG Lab Time- Fridays, 9:00 AM-Noon: MAG collaborative work time- 16 Johnston Hall
- Come, design, plot, scheme, dream, work on your mobile projects with people around to provide help, feedback, and encouragement.
- For more information visit: http://www.cct.lsu.edu/MAG
- Contact: Jesse Allison (firstname.lastname@example.org)
GPU: meets weekly (Thursdays @ 12:30 pm in 338 Johnston) and encourages participation from anyone who would like to join in the discussions. Join the mailing list: email@example.com
- Contact: Zhifeng Yun (firstname.lastname@example.org)
October 31: HPC Training: Introduction to Python
November 10-16: SC12- Supercomputing Conference