Pats on the Back:
Thanks to everyone who helped make the 2012 ACM South Central Regional Programming Contest a success!
CCT in the News:
Russia's Skolkovo Tech Picks First Research Centers, Nabs Ex-NSF Research Head
Source: Science Insider
LSU Today Flagship Faculty: Mark Jarrell
Source: LSU Today
Lectures this Week:
There will be a Computational Mathematics Seminar Series lecture on “Dew Drops on Spider Webs: A Symmetry Breaking Bifurcation for a Parabolic Differential-Algebraic Equation” by Klaus Boehmer, University of Marburg, Germany. This lecture will take place on Tuesday, October 23rd at 3:00 PM in 338 Johnston Hall.
2012 LSU Foundation Staff Outstanding Service Award
Nominations are now being accepted for the 2012 LSU Foundation Staff Outstanding Service Awards. Staff members from LSU, the LSU AgCenter, and the LSU Law Center are eligible. The nomination form and instructions can be found online by clicking here. The deadline for accepting nominations is Friday, Oct. 26, at 4 p.m., and should be turned in to Rachel Henry, LSU Office of the Chancellor, 156 Thomas Boyd Hall.
- FY 2012-2013 Holiday Schedule:
- November 22- November 23: Thanksgiving
- December 24 thru January 1: Christmas & New Year’s
- Don’t forget to turn in your leave slips to Andy Cox if you are planning on taking extra vacation days.
- Prior approval is required for Special Meal Requests. Employees who make meal purchases without prior approvals may find that they must cover the cost of any monies spent for an unapproved event out of pocket. Dine-in restaurant meals are not allowed on LaCarte credit cards. Please contact Susie McGlone (email@example.com) prior to any special meal with visitor(s) to file the appropriate request for approval. Prior approval could take up to two weeks, so please plan accordingly.
- Please remember to send your news concerning grants, awards, conferences, or other pertinent information to CCT Event Coordinator Jennifer Fontenot at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow CCT with social media to access photos and see news, events or updated information. These pages are public; you do not need an account to view the information.
- MAG (Mobile App-Art-Action Group): Everyone interested in the potential for Mobile Apps is invited to come and add their vision for these revolutionary devices.
- October 24th: Mobile Music Concert: 3:30 PM at Highland Coffee
- November 1st MAG Meet: topic to be announced, Johnston Hall 338, 4:30-6:00 PM
Weekly MAG Lab Time- Fridays, 9:00 AM-Noon: MAG collaborative work time- 16 Johnston Hall
- Come, design, plot, scheme, dream, work on your mobile projects with people around to provide help, feedback, and encouragement.
- For more information visit: http://www.cct.lsu.edu/MAG
- Contact: Jesse Allison (email@example.com)
GPU: meets weekly (Thursdays @ 12:30 pm in 338 Johnston) and encourages participation from anyone who would like to join in the discussions. Join the mailing list: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact: Zhifeng Yun (email@example.com)
October 24: HPC Training: Introduction to Perl
October 31: HPC Training: Introduction to Python
November 10-16: SC12- Supercomputing Conference