Pats on the Back:
Susanne Brenner was one of the plenary speakers at the 70th Midwest PDE Seminar, November 3-4. The Midwest Partial Differential Equations Seminar is a semiannual meeting on recent developments in partial differential equations. This series of conferences has been running since 1977.
- The 2012 Components is now online: http://www.cct.lsu.edu/. Previous Components are available in pdf via the following link: https://www.cct.lsu.edu/components
- Please send 2013 summer camp dates to Karen Jones (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Please note that a new logo has been created for the CCT. Karen Jones sent it out via ALLCCT email on November 6th. Please update your documents, posters, webpages, etc. as appropriate. The tower logo is no longer in use.
- We are pleased to announce release 4.1.0 of the Cactus computational toolkit. This release includes support for new architectures, changes to MPI configuration and comes bundled with supporting tools like GetComponents and Simfactory. In addition, bug fixes accumulated since the previous release in October 2011 have been included. This release was tested and released together with the sixth release (code name "Ørsted") of the Einstein Toolkit , and is used by that. For more detailed information about the 4.1.0 release please read the long release announcement on the Cactus Toolkit web pages: http://cactuscode.org/download/releasenotes/Cactus_4.1.0
- LONI ALLOCATION REQUESTS DUE 12/1
Researchers please note that in order to be considered for a new or renewed large resource allocation commencing in January 2013, a request must be submitted to the Committee by December 1, 2012. Those having an active LONI allocation may refer to its ending date to help decide if a renewal request is necessary. Note that all renewal requests, regardless of size, must be accompanied by a report on research progress made to date through the use of the allocation, including copies of relevant publications and presentations.
As always, to check the status of an allocation, or to request a new allocation or renewal, visit the LONI allocations web site at http://allocations.loni.org/. If you have any questions, please send them to email@example.com.
- Executive Vice Chancellor & Provost Stuart Bell has issued the call for nominations for the 2013 Distinguished Faculty Awards. LSU is proud of its world-class faculty, and we look forward to recognizing outstanding work among colleagues. Special thanks go to the LSU Alumni Association, the LSU Foundation, and the Tiger Athletic Foundation for their continued support. More information can be found here. Nomination packets are due through academic deans to Academic Affairs by Feb. 1, 2013.
- FY 2012-2013 Holiday Schedule:
- December 24 thru January 1: Christmas & New Year’s
- Don’t forget to turn in your leave slips to Andy Cox if you are planning on taking extra vacation days.
- Prior approval is required for Special Meal Requests. Employees who make meal purchases without prior approvals may find that they must cover the cost of any monies spent for an unapproved event out of pocket. Dine-in restaurant meals are not allowed on LaCarte credit cards. Please contact Susie McGlone (firstname.lastname@example.org) prior to any special meal with visitor(s) to file the appropriate request for approval. Prior approval could take up to two weeks, so please plan accordingly.
- Please remember to send your news concerning grants, awards, conferences, or other pertinent information to CCT Event Coordinator Jennifer Fontenot at email@example.com
- Follow CCT with social media to access photos and see news, events or updated information. These pages are public; you do not need an account to view the information.
- MAG (Mobile App-Art-Action Group): Everyone interested in the potential for Mobile Apps is invited to come and add their vision for these revolutionary devices.
Weekly MAG Lab Time- Fridays, 9:00 AM-Noon: MAG collaborative work time- 16 Johnston Hall
- Come, design, plot, scheme, dream, work on your mobile projects with people around to provide help, feedback, and encouragement.
- For more information visit: http://www.cct.lsu.edu/MAG
- Contact: Jesse Allison (firstname.lastname@example.org)
GPU: meets weekly (Thursdays @ 12:30 pm in 338 Johnston) and encourages participation from anyone who would like to join in the discussions. Join the mailing list: email@example.com
- Contact: Zhifeng Yun (firstname.lastname@example.org)
December 3: REU-Computational Sciences Applications Open