Pats on the Back:
Thomas Sterling was invited to give a Keynote Address at this year’s International Symposium on Grids and Clouds conducted at the Academia Sinica in Taipei, Taiwan entitled, “Towards an Execution Model for HPC Clouds.”
- Laptop Orchestra of Louisiana's world premier of "Perception"
Manship Theatre at the Shaw Center for the Arts
100 Lafayette Street, Baton Rouge, LA
Show Date: Saturday, March 10
Show Time 7:30 pm; pre-show & Art Reception starting at 6:00 PM
Ticket price $16.50 Adults $11.50 Student/Senior $6.50 Child
A boundary breaking Sonic Art & Media Performance.
The Laptop Orchestra of Louisiana will weave together a unique concert of electronic music drawing from themes of Perception: Granularity, Categorization, and Reflection. The act of performance is extended to the audience through mobile devices. Anyone with a cell phone, tablet, or laptop with a web browser can contribute meaningfully throughout the concert.
Come early and join The Laptop Orchestra of Louisiana for a pre-show reception starting at 6pm.
This work was made possible by a BOR ATLAS Grant, the LSU School of Music and LSU Center for Computation & Technology’s AVATAR Initiative in Digital Media.
- Prior approval is required for Special Meal Requests. Employees who make meal purchases without prior approvals may find that they must cover the cost of any monies spent for an unapproved event out of pocket. Dine-in restaurant meals are not allowed on LaCarte credit cards. Please contact Susie McGlone (email@example.com) prior to any special meal with visitor(s) to file the appropriate request for approval. Prior approval could take up to two weeks, so please plan accordingly.
- Please remember to send your news concerning grants, awards, conferences, or other pertinent information to CCT Event Coordinator Jennifer Fontenot at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow CCT with social media to access photos and see news, events or updated information. These pages are public; you do not need an account to view the information.
MAG (Mobile App-Art-Action Group): Everyone interested in the potential for Mobile Apps is invited to come and add their vision for these revolutionary devices. Meetings are scheduled March 26th and April 23rd, 5:00-6:00 pm For more information visit: http://www.cct.lsu.edu/MAG
- Contact: Jesse Allison (email@example.com)
March 7: Training: Introduction to Python
March 14: Training: Introduction to Perl
March 14: TechPAWLooza
April 15-17: Symposium on Laptop Ensembles & Orchestras
June 4-10: Red Stick International Animation Festival