The university will be closed on Friday, March 29th in observance of Easter.
- Alice in Computation Land, June 10-14, at LSU, is currently full. Accepting standby registrations only. "Alice in Computation Land" is a five-day workshop for girls entering grades six through eight (6-8) who are interested in learning more about computational science and technology. During this camp, we will address how to use computer applications in your daily lives and take a glimpse into what careers are available in the world of science and technology. For more information, visit https://www.cct.lsu.edu/events/alice-computationland-summer-camp-2013.
The Beowulf Bootcamp is open for registration. CCT will host the sixth Beowulf Boot Camp July 8-12 on the LSU campus. This exciting course offers students and teachers a unique opportunity to work with advanced research technology not usually available in a typical classroom setting.
During Beowulf Boot Camp 2013, students will work hands-on with a number of LSU professors as they learn how to build and use supercomputers.
- WHO: Louisiana High School Students, Baton Rouge Community College Students, and Louisiana Teachers
Students will engage in the following activities:
- building a computer cluster from scratch
- installing the Linux operating system on the computer they've built
- connecting computers put together by their peers to make a mini-supercomputer
- learning how to program a mini-supercomputer in parallel with Python
- interactive activities to help understand how Parallel computing works in Supercomputing
- running performance benchmarks to determine how your cluster ranks in comparison with the fastest and largest supercomputers in the world
- This camp is introductory so students do not need a strong computational science background to participate. Some knowledge of programming a plus.
- For more information and to register, visit http://www.cct.lsu.edu/beowulfcamp2013
- Prior approval is required for Special Meal Requests. Employees who make meal purchases without prior approvals may find that they must cover the cost of any monies spent for an unapproved event out of pocket. Dine-in restaurant meals are not allowed on LaCarte credit cards. Please contact Susie McGlone (firstname.lastname@example.org) prior to any special meal with visitor(s) to file the appropriate request for approval. Prior approval could take up to two weeks, so please plan accordingly.
- Please remember to send your news concerning grants, awards, conferences, or other pertinent information to CCT Event Coordinator Jennifer Fontenot at email@example.com
- Follow CCT with social media to access photos and see news, events or updated information. These pages are public; you do not need an account to view the information.
- MAG (Mobile App-Art-Action Group): Everyone interested in the potential for Mobile Apps is invited to come and add their vision for these revolutionary devices.
GPU: meets weekly (Thursdays @ 12:30 pm in 338 Johnston) and encourages participation from anyone who would like to join in the discussions. Join the mailing list: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact: Zhifeng Yun (email@example.com)
March 27: Overview of Numerical Libraries
April 3: Introduction to GNU Octave
April 11: CCT Crawfish Boil
April 17: HPC Training: Introduction to GnuPlot
June 10- 14: Alice in Computation Land Summer Camp 2013
July 8-12: Beowulf Boot Camp