Pats on the Back:
- Congrats to Steve Beck who has been named the new director of the LSU School of Music, effective July 1, 2012.
- Robert Kooima received $16,000 from Adler Planetarium for the project titled "LROC: Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter Camera."
- Robert Kooima received $4,660 from the Board of Regents for the project titled "The Louisiana Sky."
- Georgios Veronis received $10,000 from the Board of Regents for the project titled "Slow-light enhanced nanoscale plasmonic devices."
- Joohyun Kim received $5,000 from NuPotential for the project titled "Stem Cell Reseach - Microarray Data Analysis."
Lectures this Week:
There will be a Computational Mathematics Seminar Series lecture on “The Study of Rare Events” by Xiang Zhou, Brown University. The lecture will take place Tuesday, March 20 at 3:30 P.M. in 338 Johnston Hall.
CCT in the News:
Is ParalleX This Year’s Model?
Source: Intelligence in Software
LSU School of Music names Beck new director
Source: The Advocate
Professor Beck to take on director positionSource: LSU Reveille
- Prior approval is required for Special Meal Requests. Employees who make meal purchases without prior approvals may find that they must cover the cost of any monies spent for an unapproved event out of pocket. Dine-in restaurant meals are not allowed on LaCarte credit cards. Please contact Susie McGlone (firstname.lastname@example.org) prior to any special meal with visitor(s) to file the appropriate request for approval. Prior approval could take up to two weeks, so please plan accordingly.
- Please remember to send your news concerning grants, awards, conferences, or other pertinent information to CCT Event Coordinator Jennifer Fontenot at email@example.com
- Follow CCT with social media to access photos and see news, events or updated information. These pages are public; you do not need an account to view the information.
MAG (Mobile App-Art-Action Group): Everyone interested in the potential for Mobile Apps is invited to come and add their vision for these revolutionary devices. Meetings are scheduled March 26th and April 23rd, 5:00-6:00 pm For more information visit: http://www.cct.lsu.edu/MAG
- Contact: Jesse Allison (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Upcoming events:March 20: Apple At-Home Work Program for Students--Informational Meeting
April 15-17: Symposium on Laptop Ensembles & Orchestras
June 4-10: Red Stick International Animation Festival
June 18-22: Alice in Computation Land Summer Camp