Pats on the Back:
- Susanne Brenner was one of the plenary speakers at the International Conference on Computational Sciences, which was held July 16-20, 2012 at the Shanghai Normal University in Shanghai, China.
- The Virtual School of Computational Science and Engineering (VSCSE) is excited to announce Summer School courses for 2012. The VSCSE provides courses and learning resources to help computational science students use emerging petascale computing resources to address real domain science problems. The summer courses for 2012 are:
- Proven Algorithmic Techniques for Many-core Processors (August 13 - 17, 2012)
These courses will be delivered to a number of sites nationwide using high definition video conferencing technologies, allowing students to travel to a number of convenient locations where they will be able to work with a cohort of fellow computational scientists, have access to local experts and interact virtually with course instructors. Registration fees for these courses are $100* and help the host sites offset their hospitality and facility costs.
Please visit http://www.vscse.org/summerschool/2012/ for more information and the full site list or http://hub.vscse.org to register today!
- Student Volunteer applications opened April 1, 2012 and will be available at the SC12 Submissions site: http://submissions.supercomputing.org/. Applications close on July 31, 2012. International attendees who will require a travel visa are strongly encouraged to apply as early as possible. For more information on the Student Volunteer program and other student-related programs at SC12, visit: http://sc12.supercomputing.org/content/student-volunteers. Contact: email@example.com
- Prior approval is required for Special Meal Requests. Employees who make meal purchases without prior approvals may find that they must cover the cost of any monies spent for an unapproved event out of pocket. Dine-in restaurant meals are not allowed on LaCarte credit cards. Please contact Susie McGlone (firstname.lastname@example.org) prior to any special meal with visitor(s) to file the appropriate request for approval. Prior approval could take up to two weeks, so please plan accordingly.
- Please remember to send your news concerning grants, awards, conferences, or other pertinent information to CCT Event Coordinator Jennifer Fontenot at email@example.com
- Follow CCT with social media to access photos and see news, events or updated information. These pages are public; you do not need an account to view the information.
MAG (Mobile App-Art-Action Group): Everyone interested in the potential for Mobile Apps is invited to come and add their vision for these revolutionary devices. For more information visit: http://www.cct.lsu.edu/MAG
- Contact: Jesse Allison (firstname.lastname@example.org)
GPU: meets weekly (Thursdays @ 12:30 pm in 338 Johnston) and encourages participation from anyone who would like to join in the discussions. Join the mailing list: email@example.com
- Contact: Zhifeng Yun (firstname.lastname@example.org)
July 30-August 3: Science Cloud Summer School
July 30- August 10: LSU iOS App Boot Camp