Pats on the Back:
- Georgios Veronis received an award from the Southeastern Center for Electrical Engineering Education titled "Analysis of the effect of fabrication-related disorders and yield optimization of nanoplasmonic devices." The award is for $19,000 for one year.
CCT in the News:
Business briefs for July 1, 2012- LSU center selected research partner
Source: The Advocate
- The LSU Center for Computation & Technology will host the LSU iOS App Boot Camp for its second year, July 30-August 10, 2012, (10 day camp; not including weekends), on the LSU Campus. NOW OPEN TO EVERYONE! This educational experience will offer LSU undergraduate students the opportunity to gain knowledge while enhancing their entrepreneurial spirit. Participants will work in groups to create their own functional iOS app and have it loaded on their personal device by end of camp. Post-camp programs to expand and hone new skills will also be available. Registration and more information can be found at: https://www.cct.lsu.edu/ios-abc
- The Virtual School of Computational Science and Engineering (VSCSE) is excited to announce three Summer School courses for 2012. The VSCSE provides courses and learning resources to help computational science students use emerging petascale computing resources to address real domain science problems. The summer courses for 2012 are:
- Programming Heterogeneous Parallel Computing Systems (July 10 - 13, 2012)--**located at LSU CCT
Science Cloud Summer School (July 30 - August 3, 2012)--**located at LSU CCT
These courses will be delivered to a number of sites nationwide using high definition video conferencing technologies, allowing students to travel to a number of convenient locations where they will be able to work with a cohort of fellow computational scientists, have access to local experts and interact virtually with course instructors. Registration fees for these courses are $100* and help the host sites offset their hospitality and facility costs. Please visit http://www.vscse.org/summerschool/2012/ for more information and the full site list or http://hub.vscse.org to register today!
- Student Volunteer applications opened April 1, 2012 and will be available at the SC12 Submissions site: http://submissions.supercomputing.org/. Applications close on July 31, 2012. International attendees who will require a travel visa are strongly encouraged to apply as early as possible. For more information on the Student Volunteer program and other student-related programs at SC12, visit: http://sc12.supercomputing.org/content/student-volunteers. Contact: email@example.com
- Prior approval is required for Special Meal Requests. Employees who make meal purchases without prior approvals may find that they must cover the cost of any monies spent for an unapproved event out of pocket. Dine-in restaurant meals are not allowed on LaCarte credit cards. Please contact Susie McGlone (firstname.lastname@example.org) prior to any special meal with visitor(s) to file the appropriate request for approval. Prior approval could take up to two weeks, so please plan accordingly.
- Please remember to send your news concerning grants, awards, conferences, or other pertinent information to CCT Event Coordinator Jennifer Fontenot at email@example.com
- Follow CCT with social media to access photos and see news, events or updated information. These pages are public; you do not need an account to view the information.