Pats on the Back:
• Congratulations to Werner Benger who collaborated with Nan Walker on a proposal awarded from British Petroleum for LA Coastal Circulation and Oil Spill Prediction System for amount of $900,000.
• Susanne Brenner accepted an invitation to present the Babuska Lecture at MAFELAP 2013 (The Mathematics of Finite Elements and Applications 2013) 11-14 June 2013 at Brunel University, London: http://people.brunel.ac.uk/~icsrsss/bicom/mafelap2013/
CCT in the News:
LSU Chooses Avizio for 3D Imaging
• The University will be closed Tuesday, February 21 in observance of Mardi Gras.
• Mayank Tyagi and Krishnaswamy Nandakumar will give a talk titled, “Complex Multiphase Flow in Diverse Industry Processes” at the SPE Delta section Technical Focus Group meeting on Tuesday, February 28th at the Holiday Inn Downtown in New Orleans. For more information and to register, visit http://spe-delta.org/.
• Prior approval is required for Special Meal Requests. Employees who make meal purchases without prior approvals may find that they must cover the cost of any monies spent for an unapproved event out of pocket. Dine-in restaurant meals are not allowed on LaCarte credit cards. Please contact Susie McGlone (email@example.com) prior to any special meal with visitor(s) to file the appropriate request for approval. Prior approval could take up to two weeks, so please plan accordingly.
• Please remember to send your news concerning grants, awards, conferences, or other pertinent information to CCT Event Coordinator Jennifer Fontenot at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Follow CCT with social media to access photos and see news, events or updated information. These pages are public; you do not need an account to view the information.
o Facebook group : LSU Center for Computation & Technology
o Twitter : LSUCCT
o YouTube channel : LSUCCT
• MAG (Mobile App-Art-Action Group): Everyone interested in the potential for Mobile Apps is invited to come and add their vision for these revolutionary devices. Meetings are scheduled February 27th, March 26th and April 23rd, 5:00-6:00 pm For more information visit: http://www.cct.lsu.edu/MAG. Contact: Jesse Allison (email@example.com)
• GPU: meets weekly (Wednesdays @ 2:30 pm in 338 Johnston) and encourages participation from anyone who would like to join in the discussions. Join the mailing list: firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact: Bhupender Thakur (email@example.com)
February 13-16: Training: LONI HPC Workshop
February 16-18: Mardi Gras Conference: Computational Materials & Biosystems Conference
February 25-29: Symposium on Principles & Practice of Parallel Programming
February 25-29: Symposium on High Performance Computer Architecture
February 29: Training: Intro to Eclipse Parallel Tool Platform
Thru March 1: REU-Computational Sciences accepting entries
Thru March 1: REU-Materials science accepting entries
March 10: Laptop Orchestra of Louisiana premiering "Perception"
April 15-17: Symposium on Laptop Ensembles & Orchestras
June 4-10: Red Stick International Animation Festival
July 9-13: Beowulf Boot Camp for High School Teachers & Students
Upcoming Grant Deadlines:
Note: Please check the CCT deadline Web site, since it is updated daily.