CCT in the News:
Booming BR tech industry providing jobs for young talent
The Uber-Cloud Experiment: High Performance Technical Computing at Your Fingertips, the next Utility?
HPC as a Service: Lessons Learned
FY 2012-2013 Holiday Schedule:
- December 24 thru January 1: Christmas & New Year’s
- Don’t forget to turn in your leave slips to Andy Cox if you are planning on taking extra vacation days.
Registration is now open for SCALA 2013: Scientific Computing Around Louisiana. SCALA will be held at Tulane University in New Orleans, February 15-16, 2013. Tulane University's Center for Computational Science and the LSU CCT will co-sponsor, for the fourth time, a meeting to:
(1) highlight cutting-edge topics in scientific computing,
(2) showcase the research at Louisiana institutions and,
(3) promote collaborations across the state of Louisiana.
This meeting is open to any faculty, post-doctoral researcher or student from any college in and around Louisiana. For more information and to register, visit http://tulane.edu/sse/ccs/news/scala-2013.cfm.
- Executive Vice Chancellor & Provost Stuart Bell has issued the call for nominations for the 2013 Distinguished Faculty Awards. LSU is proud of its world-class faculty, and we look forward to recognizing outstanding work among colleagues. Special thanks go to the LSU Alumni Association, the LSU Foundation, and the Tiger Athletic Foundation for their continued support. More information can be found here. Nomination packets are due through academic deans to Academic Affairs by Feb. 1, 2013.
- Prior approval is required for Special Meal Requests. Employees who make meal purchases without prior approvals may find that they must cover the cost of any monies spent for an unapproved event out of pocket. Dine-in restaurant meals are not allowed on LaCarte credit cards. Please contact Susie McGlone (firstname.lastname@example.org) prior to any special meal with visitor(s) to file the appropriate request for approval. Prior approval could take up to two weeks, so please plan accordingly.
- Please remember to send your news concerning grants, awards, conferences, or other pertinent information to CCT Event Coordinator Jennifer Fontenot at email@example.com
- Follow CCT with social media to access photos and see news, events or updated information. These pages are public; you do not need an account to view the information.
- MAG (Mobile App-Art-Action Group): Everyone interested in the potential for Mobile Apps is invited to come and add their vision for these revolutionary devices.
Weekly MAG Lab Time- Fridays, 9:00 AM-Noon: MAG collaborative work time- 16 Johnston Hall
- Come, design, plot, scheme, dream, work on your mobile projects with people around to provide help, feedback, and encouragement.
- For more information visit: http://www.cct.lsu.edu/MAG
- Contact: Jesse Allison (firstname.lastname@example.org)
GPU: meets weekly (Thursdays @ 12:30 pm in 338 Johnston) and encourages participation from anyone who would like to join in the discussions. Join the mailing list: email@example.com
- Contact: Zhifeng Yun (firstname.lastname@example.org)
December 3: REU-Computational Sciences Applications Open
February 15- 16, 2013: Scientific Computing Around Louisiana Workshop