Pats on the Back:
- Susan Ryan has been working under an ATLAS grant on a book on wearable technology. She received the grant last Spring and the funding began in the Fall. The book is being written under contract with MIT Press.
- Robert Lipton, has been appointed to the Editorial Board of the SIAM Journal on Mathematical Analysis. He was also awarded the J. T. Oden Faculty Fellowship to visit the Institute for Computational and Engineering Sciences at University of Texas, Austin the Spring of 2012
- Prior approval is required for Special Meal Requests. Employees who make meal purchases without prior approvals may find that they must cover the cost of any monies spent for an unapproved event out of pocket. Dine-in restaurant meals are not allowed on LaCarte credit cards. Please contact Susie McGlone (firstname.lastname@example.org) prior to any special meal with visitor(s) to file the appropriate request for approval. Prior approval could take up to two weeks, so please plan accordingly.
- Please remember to send your news concerning grants, awards, conferences, or other pertinent information to CCT Event Coordinator Jennifer Fontenot at email@example.com
- Follow CCT with social media to access photos and see news, events or updated information. These pages are public; you do not need an account to view the information.
MAG (Mobile App-Art-Action Group): Everyone interested in the potential for Mobile Apps is invited to come and add their vision for these revolutionary devices. Meetings are scheduled in 338 Johnston from 4:30- 6:00 PM on September 6th, October 4th and November 1st. For more information visit: http://www.cct.lsu.edu/MAG
- Contact: Jesse Allison (firstname.lastname@example.org)
GPU: meets weekly (Thursdays @ 12:30 pm in 338 Johnston) and encourages participation from anyone who would like to join in the discussions. Join the mailing list: email@example.com
- Contact: Zhifeng Yun (firstname.lastname@example.org)
July 30- August 10: LSU iOS App Boot Camp
August 14: Crazy Interdisciplinary Ideas Seminar Series – Wei Ku, 11:30 AM in 338 Johnston Hall (RSVP to Leanne@cct.lsu.edu if you intend to eat pizza)
August 20: First day of the fall semester
September 14: LSU Fall Fest