Lectures this Week:
There will be an Experimental Music and Digital Media Faculty Candidate lecture on “The Design of Embedded Media” by Edgar Berdahl, Stanford University. The lecture will take place on Friday, April 12th at 9:00 AM in 338 Johnston Hall.
There will be a MIE/CCT candidate lecture by Julie Tucker, Knolls Atomic Power Laboratory. The lecture will take place on Friday, April 12th at 1:30 PM in 338 Johnston Hall.
- Due to impending bad weather on Thursday, April 11th, the CCT Industry Partnership Building Event Crawfish Boil will now be on Friday, April 12th from 3:30- 5:30 PM. It will be in the front courtyard of Johnston Hall. Please email Susie@cct.lsu.edu if the date change will affect your RSVP.
The Beowulf Bootcamp is open for registration. CCT will host the sixth Beowulf Boot Camp July 8-12 on the LSU campus. This exciting course offers students and teachers a unique opportunity to work with advanced research technology not usually available in a typical classroom setting.
During Beowulf Boot Camp 2013, students will work hands-on with a number of LSU professors as they learn how to build and use supercomputers.
- WHO: Louisiana High School Students, Baton Rouge Community College Students, and Louisiana Teachers
Students will engage in the following activities:
- building a computer cluster from scratch
- installing the Linux operating system on the computer they've built
- connecting computers put together by their peers to make a mini-supercomputer
- learning how to program a mini-supercomputer in parallel with Python
- interactive activities to help understand how Parallel computing works in Supercomputing
- running performance benchmarks to determine how your cluster ranks in comparison with the fastest and largest supercomputers in the world
- This camp is introductory so students do not need a strong computational science background to participate. Some knowledge of programming a plus.
- For more information and to register, visit http://www.cct.lsu.edu/beowulfcamp2013
- Registration is open for the LSU iOS App Boot Camp 2013. CCT will host the LSU iOS App Boot Camp for its third year, August 5 - August 15, 2013, (10 day camp not including Sunday), on the LSU Campus. This educational experience will offer participants the opportunity to gain knowledge while enhancing their entrepreneurial spirit. Participants will work in groups to create their own functional iOS app and have it loaded on their personal device by end of camp. The course will be taught by LSU faculty who push the boundaries of mobile applications in computer science and digital media fields. Post-camp programs to expand and hone new skills will also be offered. For more information and to register visit https://www.cct.lsu.edu/events/lsu-ios-app-boot-camp-2013
- Prior approval is required for Special Meal Requests. Employees who make meal purchases without prior approvals may find that they must cover the cost of any monies spent for an unapproved event out of pocket. Dine-in restaurant meals are not allowed on LaCarte credit cards. Please contact Susie McGlone (email@example.com) prior to any special meal with visitor(s) to file the appropriate request for approval. Prior approval could take up to two weeks, so please plan accordingly.
- Please remember to send your news concerning grants, awards, conferences, or other pertinent information to CCT Event Coordinator Jennifer Fontenot at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow CCT with social media to access photos and see news, events or updated information. These pages are public; you do not need an account to view the information.
MAG (Mobile App-Art-Action Group): Everyone interested in the potential for Mobile Apps is invited to come and add their vision for these revolutionary devices.
- Spring 2013 semester MAG meeting schedule; 338 Johnston Hall:
- April 11, 3:30- 5:00 - John Mlynczak from PreSonus Audio Electronics will demonstrate and talk about their iOS apps that interact with their audio editing software and mixers. In advance, to interact with the devices, students can download for iPad: SL Remote, AB1818-VSL and for iPhone: QMix.
- April 18, 4:30- 6:00 pm
- For more information visit: http://www.cct.lsu.edu/MAG
- Contact: Jesse Allison (email@example.com)
GPU: meets weekly (Thursdays @ 12:30 pm in 338 Johnston) and encourages participation from anyone who would like to join in the discussions. Join the mailing list: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact: Zhifeng Yun (email@example.com)
April 10: Introduction to GNU Octave
April 12: CCT Crawfish Boil
April 17: HPC Training: Introduction to GnuPlot
June 10- 14: Alice in Computation Land Summer Camp
July 8-12: Beowulf Boot Camp
August 5- August 15: LSU iOS App Boot Camp