Xin Li Wins 2011 IBM Faculty Award
Xin Li, assistant professor of the LSU Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering and Center for Computation & Technology (CCT), was one of 24 award recipients to receive the IBM faculty award in the fourth quarter of 2011. Li received the maximum award amount of $40,000.
The IBM Faculty Award is a highly competitive international program that intends to foster collaboration between researchers at leading universities worldwide and those in IBM research, development, and service organizations, and to promote courseware and curriculum innovation to stimulate growth in disciplines and geographies that are strategic to IBM.
Li received the award based on his research of geometric information analysis and processing and its application on computational medicine. Li's research group is currently developing a computational framework to model the respiratory motion of a tumor and surrounding organs, which could guide the automatic offline planning and intelligent online management of lung radiotherapy.
"I am delighted to work with our excellent collaborators and graduate research assistants on this exciting problem. I have learned so much from them. This award honors their hard work. The funds will be used to support the continuation of this research," said Li.
For more information on Li's research, visit: http://www.cct.lsu.edu.
CCT in the News:
LSU Delivers High Performance ParalleX Update
Celtic to house major special effects studio
Source: The Advocate
- The University will be closed Friday, April 6th in observance of Easter.
The CCT Industry Partnership Building Crawfish Boil will take place April 26 at 4:30 PM - 6:30 PM...MARK YOUR CALENDAR! This event includes ALL CCT personnel (staff, faculty, researchers, grad and undergrad students). If you have industry colleagues you wish to invite, please send Karen Jones (kjones@ lsu.edu) their names/email address/addresses. Please see details below:
RSVP deadline: April 20
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (225)578-7340
Please confirm crawfish, hotdog, or vegetarian burger
You can purchase tickets for your guest(s)
at the following costs(includes beer or soda):
- Crawfish $19.75 pp
- Veggie Burgers or Hot dogs $3.00 pp
Make checks payable to the LSU Foundation and
deliver to 309 Johnston Hall
- ABSOLUTELY MUST RSVP!!!!!
- RSVP deadline: April 20
- Prior approval is required for Special Meal Requests. Employees who make meal purchases without prior approvals may find that they must cover the cost of any monies spent for an unapproved event out of pocket. Dine-in restaurant meals are not allowed on LaCarte credit cards. Please contact Susie McGlone (email@example.com) prior to any special meal with visitor(s) to file the appropriate request for approval. Prior approval could take up to two weeks, so please plan accordingly.
- Please remember to send your news concerning grants, awards, conferences, or other pertinent information to CCT Event Coordinator Jennifer Fontenot at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow CCT with social media to access photos and see news, events or updated information. These pages are public; you do not need an account to view the information.
MAG (Mobile App-Art-Action Group): Everyone interested in the potential for Mobile Apps is invited to come and add their vision for these revolutionary devices. Meetings are scheduled April 23rd, 5:00-6:00 pm For more information visit: http://www.cct.lsu.edu/MAG
- Contact: Jesse Allison (email@example.com)
April 15-17: Symposium on Laptop Ensembles & Orchestras
April 18: HPC Training: Introduction to Octave
April 25: HPC Training: Data Graphics with Gnuplot
June 4-10: Red Stick International Animation Festival
June 18-22: Alice in Computation Land Summer Camp