Mardi Gras Conference -- Computational Materials & Biosystems
February 16-18, 2012
LSU Campus -- Energy, Coast & Environment Building Dalton Woods Auditorium
The LSU Center for Computation & Technology invites you to participate in the 18th Annual Mardi Gras Conference on Computational Materials and Biosystems. The meeting will start Thursday, February 16, 2012, at 9:00 a..m.. and run through approximately Noon on Saturday, February 18, 2012.
Scope & Audience: This conference will be of interest to scientists from academia and research labs, postdoctoral researchers, and graduate students working in the wide domains of computational materials and biosystems. It will promote the exchange of ideas, experiences and research results, and discussion of the current challenges and the new methods and advances in these areas.
- Tunna Baruah, University of Texas, Dept. of Physics
- Thomas Beck, University of Cincinnati, Dept. of Chemistry
- Michal Brylinski, Louisiana State University, Dept. of Biological Sciences
- Alexander Burin, Tulane University, Dept. of Chemistry
- Stefano Curtarolo, Duke University, Dept. of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
- Manolis Doxastakis, University of Houston, Dept. of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
- Gennady Gutsev, Florida A&M University, Dept. of Physics
- Mahesh Hosur, Tuskegee University, Materials Science and Engineering
- Jerzy Leszczynski, Jackson State University, Dept. of Chemistry and Biochemistry
- David Mobley, University of New Orleans, Dept. of Chemistry
- Juana Moreno, Louisiana State University, Dept. of Physics & Astronomy
- Mark Novotny, Mississippi State University, Dept. of Physics and Astronomy
- Susan Rempe, Sandia National Laboratories, Nanobiology Dept.
- Jianmin Tao, Tulane University, Dept. of Physics
- John Weeks, University of Maryland, Dept. of Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Collin Wick, Louisiana Tech, Dept. of Chemistry
Submissions: Contributed posters accepted through February 1, 2012. Submissions closed. Participants will be provided with an easel and poster board (size 30" x 40") for display purposes.
Registration: $450 per person (no charge for graduate students and postdoctoral researchers). Deadline to register is February 13, 2012. CLICK HERE to register. Cancellations received and post-marked prior to February 6, 2012 will receive a full refund. After February 6, 2012, no refunds will be issued. Substitutions will be permitted!
Excursion: CANCELED due to low enrollment.
Lodging: Rooms have been reserved at a special conference price ($93.00/night) at the Stagebridge Suites-Baton Rouge University Area. Deadline to make reservations at this rate is January 23, 2012. After January 23, lodging and rates are based on availability.
Staybridge Suites - Baton Rouge University Area
4001 Nicholson Drive, Baton Rouge, LA 70808
Block Code = CCT
1-800-225-1237 or 1-225-456-5430
(Located on the LSU Bus Route--free to LSU visitors. View TigerTrails route for Tigerland "A" or "B".)
Parking: Parking is available adjacent to the LSU Energy, Coast & Environment Building. Permits are required and can be purchased for $6.00 when you register.
Directions: For directions to campus and/or the LSU Energy, Coast and Environment Building located on Nicholson Extension, Baton Rouge, CLICK HERE.
Dorel Moldovan, LSU, Department of Mechanical Engineering and CCT (chair)
Hank Ashbaugh, Tulane University, Department of Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering
Thomas Bishop, Louisiana Tech, Departments of Physics & Chemistry
Michal Brylinski, LSU, Department of Biological Sciences
Bin Chen, LSU, Department of Chemistry
Randall Hall, LSU Department of Chemistry and CCT
Francisco Hung, LSU Department of Chemical Engineering
Mark Jarrell, LSU Department of Physics & Astronomy and CCT
David Mobley, University of New Orleans, Department of Chemistry
Juana Moreno, LSU Department of Physics & Astronomy and CCT
John Perdew, Tulane University, Department of Physics & Engineering Physics
Lawrence Pratt, Tulane University, Department of Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering
Ramu Ramachandran, Louisiana Tech University Department of Chemistry
Steven Rick, University of New Orleans, Department of Chemistry
Collin Wick, Louisiana Tech University Department of Chemistry
Karen Jones, LSU CCT
Jennifer Fontenot, LSU CCT
Susie McGlone, LSU CCT
For questions call or email: Karen Jones (225-578-0595; kjones (at) lsu.edu) or Dorel Moldovan (225-578-6488; moldovan (at) me.lsu.edu)