July 22-26, 2013
Camp Locations: Baton Rouge Community College and Louisiana State University
Energy Venture Camp is designed for students to learn about careers in energy while having fun. Students will:
- Perform many hands-on experiments to explore the entire process of energy development; from how oil and natural gas are formed to the ways various types of energy are used.
- Build a generator, a motor, a car, a windmill, a solar house and a robot!!
- Learn how to do basic programming and simulations.
- Perform simple labs to learn about photosynthesis, distillation, catalysts, pressure, temperature, density, fracking, combustion, how an engine works, and super conductors.
- Talk to experts about emerging technologies.
- Learn how energy shapes our world and talk to professionals about careers in energy.
- Have a unique hands-on experience at the LSU Petroleum and Chemical Engineering labs, the LSU Center for Computation & Technology, and the BRCC PTEC lab.
- Field trips, prizes and more!
Who: For 9th, 10th, and 11th grade students. Parents and teachers are invited. Teachers will receive CEU's for completion of the camp.
Date/Times of the Camp:
- Monday - Thursday, July 22-25th, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Friday, July 26, 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- Friday, July 26 Student Presentations, 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM (Parents invited!!!)
Registration: This camp is FREE to attend. Snacks, drinks and lunch provided daily. Students will be accepted on a first come basis. Registration is currently full. To be placed on the first call list for next year, email: jeannettepthompson (at) gmail.com
For more information or if you have registered and would like to confirm your status, contact Jeannette Thompson: Jeannette.thompson (at) gmail.com .