July 18-22, 2016
Camp Locations: Baton Rouge Community College and Louisiana State University
*Registration Closed**--email email@example.com if you want to be notified next year when registration opens.
Energy Venture Camp is designed for students to learn about careers in energy while having fun. Students will:
- Perform many hands-on experiments to explore the entire process of energy development; from how oil and natural gas are formed to the ways various types of energy are used.
- Build a generator, a motor, a car, a windmill, a solar house and a robot!!
- Learn how to do basic programming and simulations.
- Perform simple labs to learn about photosynthesis, distillation, catalysts, pressure, temperature, density, fracking, combustion, how an engine works, and super conductors.
- Talk to experts about emerging technologies.
- Learn how energy shapes our world and talk to professionals about careers in energy.
- Have a unique hands-on experience at the LSU Petroleum and Chemical Engineering labs, the LSU Center for Computation & Technology, and the BRCC PTEC lab.
- Field trips, prizes and more! View last year's video by clicking here.
Who: For rising highschool students and STEM teachers. Teachers will receive CEU's for the days they attend the camp. Please talk to camp organizers for more details.
Date/Times of the Camp:
• Monday - Thursday, July 18-21, 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM (4:30-5:00 PM pickup)
• Friday, July 22, 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM
• Friday, July 22- Student Presentations, 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM (Parents invited!!!)
Registration: $100 registration fee for students/ $0 for teachers. Snacks, drinks and lunch provided daily. Students accepted for the camp will be notified by the end of May. Limited seating available. *Registration Closed**--email firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to be notified next year when registration opens.
2016 Instructions and Schedule:
Forms for Campers:
If this is your second or third year attending the camp and you would like to be a camp leader, please email us before registering at email@example.com. Camp leaders will meet for 3 selected days prior to the camp for training.
Taught By: Jeannette Thompson and Richard Hansen, teachers at Dunham School and Catholic High School. For more information contact Jeannettepthompson@gmail.com.